High-beginner’s level course in English as a Second Language
In Focus is part of the Uceda English Series. It has specifically been tailored for non-native speakers who already have some knowledge of English, but wish to acquire a broad-based competence in all four language skills: listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
The wide variety of reinforcement exercises and fun activities facilitate not just understanding of grammar, but also proficiency in the usage of the targeted grammar points of the lessons.
Each unit contains six types of sections of “segments” that deal with specific areas of learning:
- Grammar Focus: chart, explanations, and examples
- Listen and Repeat: Grammar in context
- Hands-on Activity: Engaging exercises to practice the new grammar
- Read Along: Interesting stories and dialogues that deal with a wide variety of topics: culture, family, sports, job, etc.
- Just for Fun: Enjoyable group learning activities
This book’s authors hope that the creativity and effort that went into its creation will help to bring about in students sound communicative competence in English as well as confidence in a variety of situations.